Detailed Product Description
|Main Raw Material:||Epoxy||Standard Film Thickness:||125microns Dry ( 186 Microns Wet)|
|Theoretical Spreading Rate:||150||Solids (vol %):||280 G/L|
• A epoxy universal primer with good corrosion and abrasion resistance
• Suitable for application at low temperature
• VOC is 280 g/L
• Use in all parts from keel to handrail
• Suitable for use with controlled cathodic protection
• For use at Newbuilding,Maintenance and Repair or On Board Maintenance
• Volume Solids 67%±3%
• Finish/Sheen Seim-Gloss
• Typical Film Thickness 125microns dry ( 186 microns wet)
• Theoretical Coverage: 5.4㎡/L at typical film thickness
• Mix Ratio: 3.2:1 6.5:1
• Method of Application
Airless Spray Tip size range 0.38-0.53mm
Output Pressure ≥17MPa
Air Spray Tip size range 2-3mm
Output Pressure ≥0.4MPa
Brush/Roller Need to coat several times to get film thickness
• Thinner: Not recommended. Use water only in exceptional circumstances(max 5% by volume)
• Drying Information
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Touch Dry 6H 4H 2H 1H
Hard Dry 36H 24H 18H 12H
Pot Life 6H 4H 2.5H 1.5H
Overcoatings Data: Substrate Temperature
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Min Max Min Max Min Max Min Max
725-h06-51 48H no 36H no 24H no 12 H no
725-J43-5 48H no 36H no 24H no 12 H no
725-BS43-91 72H no 36H no 24H no 12 H no
725-H42-30 36H no 24H no 18H no 12 H no
• Storage: Store in cool and dry conditions, Well ventilate. Keep away from hot and fire.Store temperature should be higher than 0°C.
Shelf Life: 12Months minimum at 25°C.Subject to re-inspection thereafter.
• Pack Size:
Part A 29.2kg/15.5L in 20L container
Part B 4.5KG/4.5L in 6L container
Surface Preparation: The surface should be cleaned oil or grease, dust, and other foreign matter to keep clean and dry.
1. High pressure fresh water wash or fresh water wash, as appropriate, and remove all oil or grease, soluble contaminants and other foreign matter in accordance with SSPC-SP1 solvent cleaning. All surfaces to be coated should be clean, dry and free from contamination.
Remove weld spatter and smooth weld seams and sharp edges. The surfaces should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5(GB/T8923-1988). The weld seams areas could be to St3(GB/T8923-1988)
Apply 725-H06-51 before oxidation occurs. If oxidation has occurred, The entire oxidized area should be reblasted to the standard specified above.
3. Repair/On Board Maintenance
The areas to be required should be cleaned to St3(GB/T 8923-1988) by mechanical method or higher level of surface prepared to Sa2.5 by abrasive blasting. Abrade the area immediately surrounding the repair to provide a key for subsequent coating application. Overlap areas should be kept to minimum.
• This product will not cure adequately below 5°C.For maximum performance ambient curing temperature should be above 10°C
• Apply in good weather, Temperature of the surface to be coated must be least 3°C above the dew point when the humidity is lower than 85%
• In common with all epoxy base coatings. 725-H06-19 will exhibit chalking of the film on UV exposure.
• The dry time and over coating interval may change according to the environment factors.
• Forbid to trample or pullute the surface of AF3-1 and coat the next paint before the film is hard dry.