Technical Data System
Product Name: Epoxy Zinc-Rich Primer
Model Name: 725-H06-21
1. A two pack epoxy zinc primer
2. VOC is less than 440g/L
1. For use in all above water areas
2. For use in newbuilding, maintenance and repair or on board maintenance
1. Volume Solids 49%±3%
2. Finish/Sheen matt
3. Typical Film Thickness 50microns dry ( 102microns wet)
4. Theoretical Coverage: 9㎡/L at typical film thickness
5. Mix Ratio: 3.2:1(mass)
6. Method of Application
Brush/Roller Need to coat several times to get film thickness
7. Thinner: Not recommended. Use water only in exceptional circumstances(max 5% by volume)
8. Drying Information
5°C 15°C 25°C 35°C
Touch Dry 1H 40min 20min 15min
Hard Dry 8H 4H 2H 2H
Pot Life 8H 6H 4H 4H
Overcoatings Data: Substrate Temperature
5°C 15°C 25°C 35°C
Min Max Min Max Min Max Min Max
725-NO6-07 8H no 4H no 2H no 2H no
725-H53-81 48H no 36H no 24H no 24H no
9. Storage :Store in cool and dry conditions, Well ventilate. Keep away from hot and fire.Store temperature should be higher than 0°C.
Shelf Life: 12Months minimum at 25°C, Subject to re-inspection thereafter.
10. Pack Size: Part A32.5kg/11.5L in 20L container
Part B 3.2kg/ 3.5L in 20L container
Surface Preparation: The surface should be cleaned oil or grease, dust, and other foreign matter to keep clean and dry.
1. High pressure fresh water wash or fresh water wash, as appropriate, and remove all oil or grease, soluble contaminants and other foreign matter in accordance with SSPC-SP1 solvent cleaning. All surfaces to be coated should be clean, dry and free from contamination.
Remove weld spatter and smooth weld seams and sharp edges. The surfaces should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5(GB/T8923-1988). The weld seams areas could be to St3(GB/T8923-1988)
Apply 725-N06-07 before oxidation occurs. If oxidation has occurred, The entire oxidized area should be reblasted to the standard specified above.
3. Repair/On Board Maintenance
The areas to be required should be cleaned to St3(GB/T 8923-1988) by mechanical method or higher level of surface prepared to Sa2.5 by abrasive blasting. Abrade the area immediately surrounding the repair to provide a key for subsequent coating application. Overlap areas should be kept to minimum.
a. This product will not cure adequately below 5 degree. For maximun performance ambient curing temperature should be above 10 degree
b. Apply in good weather,Temperature of the surface to be coated must be least 3degree above the dew point when the humidity is lower than 85%
c. Before overcoating 725-H06-21,it must be clean, dry and free of zinc salts
d. 725-H06-21 part A may cause some gas when the component was storage at high temperature. Care should be taken when opening containers.
e. 725-H06-21 will react with acid or alkali solutions.
f. The dry time and over coating interval may change according to the environment factors.
g. Avoiding absorb the solvent steam and paint steam for long time. Skin and eyes must avoid contacting the paint. Pay attention to ventilate and fireproof when applying.