Product Name: Rust Preventive Oil-Brown (725-Y53-01)
1. A Single pack varnish contains petroleum resin, additive and solvent etc.
2. VOC less than 300 g/L
1. For use at temporary anticorrosive at oil tank.
2. For use at Newbuilding, Maintenance and Repair Or On Board Maintenance.
1. Volume Solids 44%±3%
2. Finish/Sheen Semi-Gloss
3. Typical Film Thickness 25 microns dry ( 56 microns wet)
4. Theoretical Coverage: 17.6㎡/L at typical film thickness
5. Mix Ratio: one pack
6. Method of Application
Airless Spray Tip size range 0.38-0.53mm
Output Pressure ≥17MPa
Air Spray Tip size range 2-3mm
Output Pressure ≥0.4MPa
Brush/Roller For small area only
7. Thinner: Not recommended .Use water only in exceptional circumstances(max 5% by volume)
8. Drying Information
5°C 15°C 25°C 35°C
Touch Dry 4H 2H 1H 30min
Hard Dry 36H 24H 20H 16H
Pot Life 1H 45min 30min 20min
Overcoatings Data: Substrate Temperature
5°C 15°C 25°C 35°C
Min Max Min Max Min Max Min Max
725-Y53-01 24H 14d 20H 10d 16H 7d 12H 5d
9. Storage: Store in cool and dry conditions, Well ventilate. Keep away from hot and fire. Store temperature should be higher than 0°C.
Shelf Life: 12Months minimum at 25°C, Subject to re-inspection thereafter.
10. Pack Size: 18.1kg/20L in 20L container
The surface must be free from contamination and keep clean and dry.
Remove weld spatter and smooth weld seams and sharp edges. The surfaces should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5(GB/T 8923-1988)
Apply 725-Y53-01 before oxidation occurs. If oxidation has occurred, the entire oxidized area should be reblasted to the standard specified above.
a. Apply in good weather, Temperature of the surface to be coated must be least 3°C above the dew point when the humidity is lower than 85%
b. The dry time and over coating interval may change according to the environment factors.
c. Avoiding absorb the solvent steam and paint steam for long time. Skin and eyes must avoid contacting the paint. Pay attention to ventilate and fireproof when applying.