Detailed Product Description
|Main Raw Material:||Aluminiferous And Bituminous||Standard Film Thickness:||75 Microns Dry ( 120 Microns Wet)|
|Solids (vol %):||62%±3%||Theoretical Coverage:||8.3㎡/L At Typical Film Thickness|
Corrosion Control Coatings
This product can stop the development (or further development) of crevice corrosion and pack rust in joints and connections.
Typical coatings leave steel vulnerable to micro-cracking, delaminating, rust leaking and perforations. Crevice corrosion and pack-rust can cause out-of-place bending and rust bleeding which can is serious cases cause structures to collapse. Using corrosion control coatings can actively penetrate corroded crevices and protect steel.
• A quick one pack bituminous anticorrosive paint
• VOC less than 350 g/L
• Economic anticorrosive coatings for use in all under water areas.
• For use at Newbuilding, Maintenance and Repair or Maintenance
• Volume Solids 62%±3%
• Finish/Sheen matt
• Typical Film Thickness 75 microns dry ( 120 microns wet)
• Theoretical Coverage: 8.3㎡/L at typical film thickness
• Mix Ratio: one pack
• Method of Application
Airless Spray Tip size range 0.38-0.53mm
Output Pressure ≥17MPa
Air Spray Tip size range 2-3mm
Output Pressure ≥0.4MPa
Brush/Roller Need to coat several times to get film thickness
• Thinner: Not recommended.Use water only in exceptional circumstances(max 5% by volume)
• Drying Information
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Touch Dry 2H 1H 30min 15min
Hard Dry 48H 36H 24H 12H
Pot Life Not applicable
Overcoatings Data: Substrate Temperature
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Min Max Min Max Min Max Min Max
725-L44-02 48H no 36H no 24H no 24H no
725-B40-6 48H no 36H no 24H no 24H no
• Storage: Store in cool and dry conditions, Well ventilate. Keep away from hot and fire.Store temperature should be higher than 0°C.
Shelf Life: 12Months minimum at 25°C. Subject to re-inspection thereafter.
• Pack Size: 21.6kg/18L in 20L container
• Surface Preparation: The surface should be cleaned oil or grease, dust, and other foreign matter to keep clean and dry.
1. High pressure fresh water wash or fresh water wash, as appropriate, and remove all oil or grease, soluble contaminants and other foreign matter in accordance with SSPC-SP1 solvent cleaning. All surfaces to be coated should be clean, dry and free from contamination.
Remove weld spatter and smooth weld seams and sharp edges. The surfaces should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5(GB/T8923-1988). The weld seams areas could be to St3(GB/T8923-1988)
Apply 725-L44-01 before oxidation occurs. If oxidation has occurred, The entire oxidized area should be reblasted to the standard specified above.
3. Repair/On Board Maintenance
The areas to be required should be cleaned to St3(GB/T 8923-1988) by mechanical method or higher level of surface prepared to Sa2.5 by abrasive blasting. Abrade the area immediately surrounding the repair to provide a key for subsequent coating application. Overlap areas should be kept to minimum.
• Apply in good weather, Temperature of the surface to be coated must be least 3°C above the dew point when the humidity is lower than 85%
• The dry time and over coating interval may change according to the environment factors.
• Forbid to trample or pullute the surface of AF3-1 and coat the next paint before the film is hard dry.