Product Name: Modified high-build epoxy anticorrosiive paint -Iron Red& Aluminum Red (725-H44-61)
1. A two pack epoxy anticorrosive paint
2. Suitable for application at low temperature
3. VOC is 300 g/L
1. For use in all under water areas and ballast tanks
2. Suitable for use with controlled cathodic protection
3. For use at Newbuilding,Maintenance and Repair or On Board Maintenance
1. Volume Solids 65%±3%
2. Finish/Sheen Seim-Gloss
3. Typical Film Thickness 125microns dry ( 190 microns wet)
4. Theoretical Coverage: 5.2㎡/L at typical film thickness
5. Mix Ratio: 4.7:1 7.1:1
6. Method of Application
Airless Spray Tip size range 0.38-0.53mm
Output Pressure ≥17MPa
Air Spray Tip size range 2-3mm
Output Pressure ≥0.4MPa
Brush/Roller Need to coat several times to get film thickness
7. Thinner: Not recommended .Use water only in exceptional circumstances(max 5% by volume)
8. Drying Information
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Touch Dry 6H 4H 2H 1H
Hard Dry 36H 24H 18H 12H
Pot Life 6H 4H 3H 2H
Overcoatings Data: Substrate Temperature
-5°C 5°C 25°C 35°C
Min Max Min Max Min Max Min Max
725-H44-61 36H 14D 24H 10D 20H 7D 16 H 5D
725-J53-10 6H 72H 24H 48h 2H 24h 1h 16H
9. Storage: Store in cool and dry conditions, Well ventilate. Keep away from hot and fire.Store temperature should be higher than 0°C.
Shelf Life: 12Months minimum at 25°C。Subject to re-inspection thereafter.
10. Pack Size:
Part A 25kg/16.5L in 20L container
Part B 3.5KG/3.5L in 6L container
1. High pressure fresh water wash or fresh water wash, as appropriate, and remove all oil or grease, soluble contaminants and other foreign matter in accordance with SSPC-SP1 solvent cleaning. All surfaces to be coated should be clean, dry and free from contamination.
Remove weld spatter and smooth weld seams and sharp edges. The surfaces should be blast cleaned to Sa2.5(GB/T8923-1988). The weld seams areas could be to St3(GB/T8923-1988)
Apply 725-H44-61 before oxidation occurs. If oxidation has occurred, The entire oxidized area should be reblasted to the standard specified above.
4. Repair/On Board Maintenance
The areas to be required should be cleaned to St3(GB/T 8923-1988) by mechanical method or higher level of surface prepared to Sa2.5 by abrasive blasting. Abrade the area immediately surrounding the repair to provide a key for subsequent coating application. Overlap areas should be kept to minimum.
a. This product will not cure adequately below 5°C。For maximum performance ambient curing temperature should be above 10°C
b. Apply in good weather, Temperature of the surface to be coated must be least 3°C above the dew point when the humidity is lower than 85%
c. In common with all epoxy base coatings. 725-H44-61 will exhibit chalking of the film on UV exposure.
d. The dry time and over coating interval may change according to the environment factors.
e. Avoiding absorb the solvent steam and paint steam for long time. Skin and eyes must avoid contacting the paint. Pay attention to ventilate and fireproof when applying.